Sunday, February 25, 2024

US Military Training History 2-26-24

In the 1700s, the Colonies were forced to develop marksmanship to hunt for food and defend against Indian attacks. Marksmanship continues to be important for military and police today. 

Christian Brothers College

The Christian Brothers established St Joseph’s Academy in 1850.  In 1851, the name changed to Academy of Christian Brothers. In 1855 it received a college charter.  In 1882, it moved to larger facilities and served as a Seminary Prep School. By 1890, over half the Catholic Priests in St. Louis had attended The Academy of Christian Brothers. In 1922, it moved to Clayton Road and became Christian Brothers College Military High School.  In 1993, the Jr. ROTC was disbanded.  In 2003, CBC moved to a large West County location. 

The unpopularity of the Vietnam War 1965-1975 had made its mark. The draft ended in 1973 and the US moved to an all-volunteer army.

I grew up in St. Louis and CBC was the family school. My dad and all of my uncles were CBC grads. I graduated from CBC Military HS in 1961. I continued Airforce ROTC at St. Louis U, also a family school, and graduated in 1965. I was married in 1964 and we were expecting a child. I was a “Kennedy father” and was exempt from the draft. I opted to turn down the commission and go to work. I concluded that the Vietnam War was a mistake.

My time at CBC was amazing. I had won a trumpet scholarship to CBC and was elected President in my Freshman homeroom. I had started a Rock Band and worked 3 nights per week. I graduated as Band Company Commander in 1961.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Brothers_College_High_School

Boy Scouts

The Boy Scouts of America was founded in 1910 as a junior military organization for boys.  I joined as a Cub Scout at age 8 and moved to the Boy Scouts at age 10.  We had monthly meeting and I became the Troop Bugler. I had joined the Grade School Band and learned to play the trumpet. I was tapped as 1st Chair trumpet in the 300 scout marching band. We learned to camp at the Boy Scout camp near St. Louis.

In the 1970s, pedophiles and homosexuals infiltrated the Boy Scouts.

A sex abuse scandal was identified in 1988 and $2.46B damages awarded in 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_sex_abuse_cases#:~:text=In%202010%2C%2

They Boy Scouts went bankrupt and was disbanded in 2022.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Boy_Scouts

Conclusions

I suspect Marxists planned the end of the Boy Scouts and the end of ROTC programs. I was schooled in the 1950s and 1960s in the middle of the Cold War. We are fortunate to have been able to develop technology to ensure our defense in the 1980s to 2000s. I suspect Marxists infiltrated to weaken the US military in the 2010s to 2024.

Trump has proven that total economic isolation can replace war. But the US still needs to maintain the US military to defend against attacks. A modern technologically advanced military is required to provide deterrence.

Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader

No comments: