Sunday, October 28, 2018

Lessons in Civility


The Old Woman and the Snake - An old woman was walking down the road when she saw a gang of thugs beating a poisonous snake.  She rescued the snake and carried it back to her home, where she nursed it back to health.  They became friends and lived together for many months.  One day they were going into town, and the old woman picked him up and the snake bit her.  Repeatedly.  "O God," she screamed, "I am dying!  Why?  I was your friend.  I saved your life!  I trusted you!  Why did you bite me?" The snake looked up at her and said, "Lady, you knew I was a snake when you first picked me up." 
http://www.adversary.org/sanctuary/parable.html

Missionary’s Cautionary Tale - A Missionary went to live with an African Tribe to show the indigenous people he had a good heart.  Upon determining that his heart was good, they ate it.

Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader

No comments: