Saturday, December 31, 2011

Presidential Candidates I

Everyone is asking me which Presidential candidate I am going to vote for. The simple answer is that it is too early to know who will be on the ballot. A better question is who am I voting for in the daily polls that come in my email. For that, I finally have an answer. First I had to find out what the candidates said about the ISSUES. As I was scouring the internet to find out, another email arrived with the link to a questionnaire that would help me determine how to compare what I wanted to see done in Washington DC with which candidates favored the same changes. The email link sent me to is a website called Vote Smart Vote Easy. So, join me now to take this questionnaire for yourselves.

Google: Vote Smart Vote Easy. You will get a website playing "Hail to the Chief" The faces of all Presidential Candidates will appear. Click on each tab and give your answers on each tab. It will give you a percentage on each candidate based on how well they line up with your views on the ISSUES. Write down the candidates names and the percent calculated.

For me, it allowed me to simply respond to what I believe should happen in Washington DC. I didn’t have to think about the candidate’s experience or skills or standing in the polls. It did help me identify who saw the ISSUES the same way I did. When I recorded my list of candidates and percentages, I realized that ISSUES are the primary reason to vote for a candidate. If all candidates come to close enough agreement with me on the ISSUES, then I can choose who among them has the best experience, skill and electability.

My strategy is to let the other candidates know how far they will need to move toward my candidates’ positions on the ISSUES for me to consider them. I will do this by continuing to vote for MY BEST MATCHED CANDIDATE in every poll I vote in until the convention.

This questionnaire, short as it is, really helped me decide to stick with ISSUES for now. You may be surprised at the percentages you get from the candidates, but you can Google the answers you need from the internet on short questions easy enough. In future posts, I will tell you who I chose and fill in details about the ISSUES.

I highly recommend that you take this and write down your results. Let me know what you think about this process by leaving a comment or sending me an email.

Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader ntl@mindspring.com

No comments: