Friday, December 25, 2015

Mall Shooter Stopped

Off-duty cop turns Christmas Eve hero, kills mall gunman, Shoppers sprint for safety: 'I grabbed my mom, dropped my stuff and ran', by Douglas Ernst, 12/24/15, WND

An off-duty cop in North Carolina became a Christmas Eve hero by shooting and killing an armed gunman inside a packed mall.

Last-minute shoppers sprinted from inside Charlotte’s Northlake Mall Friday afternoon as an armed man and his friends turned an argument with another group violent.

“I had no idea what to do so I grabbed my mom, dropped my stuff and ran out of the store,” said shopper Caryl Santos, the Charlotte Observer reported. “Pow, pow, pow, pow, eight or nine [shots were fired] in all,” mall employee Nicole Kirkpatrick added.

Mecklenburg Police Department confirmed the gunman’s death on Friday but stressed the afternoon chaos was not due to an active-shooter emergency. Carolinas Medical Center said one person was shot in the leg and two others suffered minor injuries before the suspect was killed.

No officers were injured, WBTV-3 reported. Witnesses told the network the altercation was related to a recent shooting involving the deceased-suspect’s brother.




No comments: