Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Life, in the Life of the Dollar

I was born in St. Louis Mo. In 1943.  I learned from my family, aunts and uncles what they had observed since they were born between 1915 and 1925. And some of what their family told them about the 1880s. They were vocal conservatives and told me how much things used to cost when they were kids, like a loaf of bread 2 cents, a day’s pay 2 dollars,  My Grandma and Grandpa didn’t much like the federal government for creating the Federal Reserve in 1913.  But the Banksters and their Cronies in power protected this scam at any cost.  Does his sound familiar ?

When I was 14 years old, in the Summer of 1958, I started a 4 piece Rock Band.  We played 3 or 4 nights a week and each made $15.00 a night.  With that, I bought a car and covered my expenses. We made $5 per hour, over twice the minimum wage. I had a half scholarship to Christian Brothers Military High School, the family school. I was able to pay $250 a year for the other half.  Gasoline was 16.9 cents per gallon.  I worked days in the Summer on the Admiral., a huge river boat.
In the Summer of 1961, I was graduating from high school and my band mates were going off to college. I was going to St. Louis U., the family college and planned to live at home and commute.  I joined a 5 piece dirty two horn blues band and we played 6 nights a week   We made $10 per hour.  I was able to pay my tuition of $450 per semester myself. I also worked Summers at St. Louis State School and Hospital and later at Granite City Steele.  I bought a late model Chevy for $750.

Marlene and I were married in August 1964.  She worked as a Dental Assistant for $2.50 per hour and I stayed in the nightclub house band 6 nights a week and finished my last semester.
I graduated a semester early in January 1965 and got a day job making $5000 per year. I immediately joined a jazz trio and played 3 nights a week in hotel bar lounges.  Our daughter Lisa arrived in June 1965 and we bought a house next door to my brother for $16,000.  It was about to go to foreclosure. I paid the $700 back taxes and assumed the loan at 4%.  It was the first loan I ever took.

I was able to pay my own way through high school and college and buy a house.  I know that can’t be done now and I’m mad as hell.   I want to try all current and past elected officials for treason and see them hang.
I wasn’t the only kid who paid his way through college. I was a kid musician and had it a lot easier than the guys who worked at the filling station.  I got paid to strap on my guitar or bass and party for 3 or 4 hours a night. 

Throughout the bulk of my career from 1965 up to 2008, inflation was mostly around 5% to 7%.  In the 1979 to 1983 period it was 10%. I simply moved to stay ahead of those numbers.  The private sector was alive and well them. That is no longer the case.
You can see how inflation has ravaged our nation since 1913 and I urge you to see to it that we repeal the Federal Reserve Act in the least painful way possible.  It’s not a good deal.  If we hadn’t strayed from the Constitution in 1913, we wouldn’t have had World War I or World War II or any of the other wars.  There would not have been a central bank to lend money to these maniacs to pay for these wars.  So If you want to end this scam, elect the right people and have them return us to the Constitution as written. 

Our current economy unhinged in the 1990s with NAFTA. So we need to reverse that.  We need to exit all global treaties, quit the U.N. and end the Fed as quickly as we can.  The return of manufacturing will put us on life support and we can climb out of this mess.  The blame belongs to all past Presidents.  They need to be indicted and tried for treason.
Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader

No comments: