Monday, February 15, 2016

Trump a Republican

Video doesn't lie: Media called Trump conservative in '88, Even CNN admitted Donald not a liberal

Donald Trump has had his finger in the political pie for a long time. Democrats and Republicans alike, in desperate efforts to discredit him, like to point out Trump is not a suitable candidate because he’s not conservative, highlighting his various activities and contributions involving the Clintons and other liberals.

But in a 1988 interview with Larry King, Trump is introduced by Mary Alice Williams, then part of CNN’s political anchor team, as: “He’s young, he has Robert Redford good looks, he’s conservative and he’s rich. I’m not talking about Dan Quayle; I’m talking about Larry King’s guest, Donald Trump.”
Even as far back as 28 years ago, the question of Trump’s run for the White House was being discussed.

"Supposing [George H. W.] Bush called you," asked King, "and said, 'Donald, forget this business thing. Come run with me.'" "Would I have done it? I probably would not have done it," replied Trump. "I really love what I'm doing."

Trump's popular appeal across a wide segment of working Americans has raised bafflement, scorn, and mockery among progressives and the elite. Yet even three decades ago, Trump was able to explain why.

"Let's give America a different look at you," said King. "You're the author of a best-seller and everyone knows you as the owner of buildings and hotels. But you might be classified as an eastern Republican. Fair?"

"I guess you could say that, yes," Trump answered.
"Which means kind of a Rockefeller Chase-Manhattan Republican? How do you define it? Are you a Bush Republican?"

"I think how I define it – the people I do best with are the people that drive the taxis. You know, wealthy people don't like me because I'm competing against them all the time … and I like to win. The fact is, I go down the streets of New York, and the people who really like me are the taxi drivers and the workers, et cetera."

"Well then, why are you a Republican?" asked King.
"I have no idea. I'm a Republican because I just believe in certain principles of the Republican Party."

Later, King asked, "Why are you involved in politics at all?"
"I enjoy it," said Trump. "I enjoy the system. I doubt I'll ever be involved in politics beyond what I do right now; but I do enjoy the system. I find it a really beautiful thing to watch. It's a beautiful machine."

Referring to a political speech he made for a friend in New Hampshire, Trump recounted, "It got tremendous and tremendous crowds, and all of a sudden everybody thought I was going to run for president. It was very flattering and everything, but I never had any intention, and I won't be running for president."


http://www.wnd.com/2016/02/video-doesnt-lie-media-called-trump-conservative-in-88/


No comments: