Saturday, September 13, 2014

Fighting Communism


I chose Industrial Relations as a career at age 10, because in the 1950s the Mafia had taken over the trade unions and companies were too soft on unions.  By the time I went to work in the 1960s, the Mafia bosses were heading for jail and the Communists were taking over the trade unions. 

My private education included high school and college ROTC.  I was set to fly jet fighters until I failed the eye exam.  Upon graduation II chose instead to begin my Personnel career to fight Communism here at home.  I read the National Labor Relations Act carefully. I knew it wasn’t a one-way street.  I could disagree and contract out and I could move the plant. 

I chose companies who had decided to hold their ground and not cave in to unsustainable agreements.  These companies wanted to treat their employees right and they planned carefully so they could. 

My first job was a fundraising job at United Way in St. Louis where I got to know the CEOs who ran the town. This was an exceptional group.

My first Personnel job was at Kearney National in St. Louis.  They had Teamsters and didn’t need to put up with that.  I was on a 3 man team tasked with planning a reorganization. We recommended they move to Tucker Georgia and they did.  I chose to stay in St. Louis.  

I joined Monsanto. It was a first rate chemical company in the 1960s with no GMOs.  That came later…unfortunate.  I made sure that our Textile Division employees were paid well enough to avoid unions.   

I remained in manufacturing for most of my career except for a tour at Washington University in St. Louis in the early 1970s.  I went there to keep the unions out and I did.  I prevented SEU from organizing the Medical School housekeeping and maintenance crews in 1971.  The vote was 80:20.  SEU sent Vinnie and Guido down from Chicago…a big mistake. I went to the main campus to deal with the unions they had for Maintenance and Food Service. They voted to decertify.

In 1975 we moved to Salina Kansas to join Schwan Foods, also to keep the unions out and we did.  Schwan’s is still private with $50 Billion in sales and 50,000 employees in 50 countries.  That was predictable…but in 1979 I got a call from Rickel Manufacturing in Salina and went there to remove the UAW…it took a little over a year to do that.

In 1983 I got a call from Hayes Microcomputer Products in Atlanta Georgia.  I joined them and ran off the CWA later that year.  By 1986 Hayes was off and running and I joined Electromagnetic Sciences for the Reagan defense build-up and stayed until 1993 for defense conversion. There were no more unions to kill. 

I was kidnapped in 1993 by a half dozen electronics companies to be their consultant. I opened a private consulting practice I still operate today.

Our success in defeating unions came from making them unnecessary.  We worked to ensure that work became more efficient and enjoyable. 

In 2008, I called my customers to say “we won’t be hiring all these engineers, so cut my activity to about 30%.  It’s time to train internal staff to do what I have been doing. I’ll come in when needed.” 

With the transition to part-time set, I had time to look into what the Communists had done to our economy.  I knew they had infiltrated education, government, the media and both political parties.  I began a blog and started to research, write and post.  I attended a “visioning session” in 2011 and got so mad I started a Tea Party by registering on teaparty.net.  Then the emails from other Tea Parties started and the total picture of how far the Communists had come became clear.  (See American Communist Goals 8-4-14)

I will continue to work to force our elected officials to preserve and restore our Constitution (as written) and reverse the damage done by unconstitutional laws passed by both parties since the 1870s.  Restoring freedom doesn’t come free, it requires work…by all of us.  

UN Agenda 21 has put our sovereignty and our Constitution in jeopardy.  It’s way past time for States to enforce the 10th Amendment and begin to absorb the responsibilities usurped by the federal government.  These were reserved for the States and the People.  The first of these would be those functions that have become a burden to our economy of a total failure.  The federal government has no valid Constitutional authority to dabble in education, research (except defense), energy, housing, land use planning, health care, medicines, arts, philanthropy, charity, foreign aid, insurance, civil rights, lending, banking, retirement savings, income taxes, trade, transportation, mining, oil and gas drilling, tree harvesting, environmental maintenance, safety, commerce, fishing, hunting, farming, food production, water resources, labor, or federal ownership of land.  States already have most of these functions and should take them over or let “the People” handle it.  We would restore a free market economy. The federal government would be left with their 14 enumerated powers as stated in the Constitution.   

Our government is totally corrupt. We have morphed into a Fascist State and are heading toward a totalitarian Communist global government oligarchy under UN puppetry.  Freedom is required to enable us to return to self-support.

Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader

 

No comments: