Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Canada Quits TPP

You Won’t Believe Who Has More Guts than Congress About TPP


Nice guys have a reputation. Some people say that nice guys finish last. Some people say that nice guys are push-overs. Some people say that nice guys don’t have any guts.
Canada just proved them wrong.
I couldn’t believe it when I read it: it’s true that Canada said it will withdraw from TPP to protect their sovereignty, a move that takes more guts than Obama (or Congress) has ever shown while in office, so that’s not saying much.
Still, I appreciate the Canadians taking the road of independence on this issue.
Joe Wolverton writes,
“Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper insists that neither Canada’s sovereignty nor its support of domestic industry would be offered in order to secure its admission to the TPP.”
I wish that I could say that about American officials.  The amount of money paid towards members of Congress to buy cooperation to pass TPP sickens the stomach.
So, bravo Canada, and I hope Congress develops some courage to get us out of this mess.
http://teapartybulletin.com/you-wont-believe-who-has-more-guts-than-congress-about-tpp/
 

No comments: