Monday, August 29, 2016

DCRally4Refugees falls short of expectations

Posted by Ann Corcoran on August 28, 2016

I’m glad I dragged myself to Washington on a steaming Sunday morning because if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes I wouldn’t have believed that the big hoopla that led up to the so-called Rally4Refugees would fall so short of expectations.

Someone spent an awful lot of money for jumbotrons, tents, a big sound system, bottled water, porta pots, and African American clean-up crews (for a mostly white crowd) for what generously might be called a thousand people (at one point or another during the event).  I’m terrible at estimating crowds, so it might have been 500 at the peak of the rally before noon.

Most attendees did not wear the recommended orange shirts so some of those watching the poets, singers and marching troops in orange life vests could have been tourists who took a few minutes from their visit to the Washington Monument to see what was going on.

My report was phoned in to Leo Hohmann at World Net Daily and his write-up is here. ‘Puny’ it was!

For your viewing pleasure, here are more photos of the day (in addition to those posted at WND). I’ll be so interested to see how any other media reports on it.  I saw lots of fancy schmancy cameras, but I didn’t see any cable news or reporters of any note.



No comments: