Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Russian Immigrants

We have immigrated 30,000 Russians to the US. I’ve gotten to know some of them and they tell me what it was like to live in Russia.  What I hear about is their complaints about their government’s unwillingness to expand the private sector, to allow them the freedom of self-reliance, the corruption of local government officials, who demand bribes from citizens and the total control of government censorship over the media. My Russian friends did express concern over the same problems they saw building in the US under Obama.

Some say that ambitious Russians should immigrate to countries who have a high score in economic freedom.  A few of my Russian friends own businesses. Some have said that the average Russian shows a disturbing sense of hopelessness.


Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader

No comments: