Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Irritating Ads


I write this blog in my home office on my desktop computer with the TV tuned to Fox Business, Fox News and Bloomberg News playing in the background.  If I hear any mention of anything relevant on these News Channels, I research the topic on Google to do a blog post. The purpose of the blog is to give you the facts that support my conservative world-view.

I contend with 6 (30 second) TV ads every 15 to 30 minutes, Google and Email pop-up ads, telemarketer calls and automatic software update computer seizures.

My strategy is to click to my previous channel when ads I can’t stand appear. I hate the “hearing aid ad” and “catheter ad and click immediately to the previous channel.  I am amazed by the number of Pharma Ads on TV for conditions I’ve never heard of and there are enough Pharma ads to have their own channel.  I am tired of the Gold and Silver ads and the Donation ads.

I handle pop-up ads and X them out quickly. I answer the phone and when I get a robo-call or telemarketer I say “I’ll Pass” and hang up. The bulk of these telemarketer calls are for health insurance, life insurance, auto warranty insurance, credit card interest rate deals, google business listing or utilities who want you to switch or bundle and free stuff.

I don’t need health insurance, life insurance or auto warranty insurance. I don’t need a google business listing. I pay all credit card bills monthly and I see no advantage in switching utilities. I don’t like free stuff, because it’s usually a trap.

When I settle down to watch TV in the evening It’s hard to find anything I want to watch. I like history and science documentaries and lectures. I like PBS for musical and world documentary programs.  I prefer to watch movies on channels that don’t interrupt the movie with ads.

70% of what I see on TV is laced with Liberal Propaganda and I don’t watch it.  I am amazed that so many of the channels are obsessed with Crime, Cops and Jury programming and wonder if the Media is decensitizing us from invasive government. Most situation comedies are not funny and most dramas are banal. Lots of programming offers role models for bad behavior.

I would like to see a cable deal that allows me to choose the channels I get. I would eliminate all foreign language programing, all liberal news channels, all sitcoms, all game shows, all drama series, all reality TV and most other channels.

Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader

No comments: