Saturday, November 17, 2018

Bad Cable TV Services


The companies in control of our utility choices all employ the same tactics to operate as monopolies. This isn’t just the designated monopolies like electric power, water and sewer. We technically have the choice of our telephone service, internet service, natural gas service and cable TV service. But their prices and the services offered are the same.

Phone, cable TV and internet companies are offering a discounted rate for 1 year if you switch to their bundled services that include phone, cable TV and internet, but after that your cost goes up.

I don’t like to be forced to pay for services I don’t need or want. I never watch the majority of channels I have on cable TV, but I am tempted to cancel my Comcast Xfinity service. I understand that they are providing this service knowing I don’t use all the channels,

Cable TV subscribers are cancelling their cable services. 1 million subscribers cancelled their cable service.in Q3 of 2018.

Even with hundreds of channels, it’s hard to find anything worth watching. On most channels, there are 6 thirty second ads about every half hour on most channels.  On cable news channels the ads come every 15 minutes. These ads prompt me to click to other channels. If I can find 2 channels worth watching, I just click to the other one when the ads start on the first one.

There are lots of channels we just wouldn’t miss, including foreign language channels, music channels and Liberal cable news. That leaves the bad sitcoms and useless reality TV shows riddled with Liberal propaganda. Then there are old game shows, sports and ancient movies to choose from. I usually settle for documentaries on PBS and History Channel or CSPAN programs. TV was much better and more entertaining in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s before cable.

I don’t like paying to read Liberal propaganda, so I am also tempted to cancel my Atlanta Journal newspaper.

Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader

No comments: