Saturday, November 17, 2018

Too Many Ads


Cable TV has 6 thirty second ads every 15 to 30 minutes. The ads are annoying and I change channels when they appear. I usually have Fox News or Fox Business News or Bloomberg News on while I work in my home office. I see an inordinate number of Pharma ads for medications to take and devices to use for conditions I’ve never heard of. I’ve seen ads to “invest” in gold and silver for years and am glad I stayed with the S&P 500 Index. There are useless ads for all kinds of insurance plans I have no interest in. There are ads soliciting contributions for every cause imaginable. There are several shopping channels. Good grief!

The Internet is also stuffed with pop up ads videos that magically appear while I’m trying to read my email and on-line articles and am trying to delete my junk emails. I click off the videos when they block my view. I click off ads before they load. When I’m on Google doing a search, I get the same thing on the websites and have to battle my way through the articles.

Then there are the 10 telephone solicitations per day. Some are robo-calls and others are from live telemarketers. My quick response to these is “I’ll pass”, then I hang up.

Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader

No comments: