Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Popular Vote Scam Rejected


The Nevada Legislature approved their “National Popular Vote Bill and the Governor vetoed it. It would have been reversed by the Supreme Court as a violation of the US Constitution. Changes to the US Constitution require Amendments to be passed by Congress, signed by the President and ratified by the States. The Founders put the Electoral College Vote in the Constitution to prevent the most populous States from having tyrannical political power.

Governor Sisolak VETOES AB186 National Popular Vote!!!!
May 30, 2019 In the Year of Our Lord, U.S. Constitution Art. VII. Miracle!

Governor Sisolak's Veto Message:

"Over the past several weeks, my office has heard from thousands of Nevadans across the state urging me to weigh the state's role in our national elections. After thoughtful deliberation, I have decided to veto Assembly Bill 186. Once effective, the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact could diminish the role of smaller states like Nevada in national electoral contests and force Nevada's electors to side with whoever wins the nationwide popular vote, rather than the candidate Nevadans choose. I recognize that many of my fellow Nevadans may disagree on this point and I appreciate the legislature's thoughtful consideration of this important issue. As Nevada's governor, I am obligated to make such decisions according to my own conscience. In cases like this, where Nevada's interests could diverge from the interests of large states, I will always stand up for Nevada."

Source: Email from Chris Owen

Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader


No comments: