Monday, November 10, 2014

Dangers of Overreaching


Dick Morris shared his insight for caution in what Republicans should do now.  He tells Republicans to use the budget to funding and defunding specific programs based on line items in the budget.
I agree with his strategy, but I would be extra careful that nothing Republicans do will hit the people or favor the corporations.
Dick suggests Obamacare be defanged by defunding the defund death panels and allowing cheaper coverage at cheaper rates.  That and more of the same sounds good.  
I would not rush to repeal the medical device tax. These guys were complicit in the passage of this disaster, so I would rather skip anything benefitting the industry for now.
Dick also suggests Congress fund to continue deportations, restore welfare reform and build the keystone pipeline.
I would add border closure, reduced immigration to pre-1989 levels and a ban on refugee resettlement.
I would fund H1b and agricultural worker visas but that’s it.
I would not restore welfare reform until there are more jobs.
Republicans always pass bills for special interests and voters need to see less breaks for corporations.
I would defund EPA regulations to stop the war on coal. I would defund programs that expand the “Wilding Project’.
It will be hard enough to convince voters that we actually need to reduce the corporate tax rate, but I would pay for that by reducing subsidies and special tax provisions.   
Republicans need to demonstrate to voters that they hear them. 
Republicans must explain the Obamacare problem to death, letting voters know that Obama would veto any repeal.  What that means is that it is likely that the best we can do is to.
I would do a lot more budget reduction of UN Agenda 21 implementation.
Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader

No comments: