Monday, March 6, 2017

Federal Spending Cuts

The Trump Team is putting budgets together and this includes “rightsizing” the departments and agencies.  Trump started by freezing hiring and regulations.  We are beginning to see articles about ending slush-funds, budget and headcount cuts in the 30% range for the EPA, State Department, Veterans Hospitals and the cancelation of 600 political appointees. I expect the same kind of cuts in all departments including defense. But I do expect the DOD to spend more on spare parts and upgrading, maintenance and rehabilitation of equipment. 

I’ve written a lot over the years about shrinking the government to remove all the counter-productive, sleazy, abusive, dysfunctional, unconstitutional and suicidal activities I’ve seen the government fund over the years.

I believe there is an extra $trillion a year that is wasted or used against us. The federal budget has doubled and federal spending needs to be cut in half.

I don’t expect to see reports of government abuse of citizens, property seizures or $billions going to foreign entities.

I do expect to see a massive defunding of immigrant and refugee welfare funding now costing $338 billion a year

I look forward to defunding federal grants, subsidies and giveaways of all sorts.


Norb Leahy, Dunwoody GA Tea Party Leader

No comments: